Pacific Poker Review
June 17, 2009
Pacific Poker is a widely trusted name in online gaming and has been since its launch in 1997, offering members an innovative and user-friendly way to enjoy the game they love and even work towards playing the game on a professional level. Pacific Poker offers a competitive Welcome Package worth over $54,000, including a partially instant Welcome Bonus a rare find in the online poker industry. Also available are regular chances, often free, to win seats to some of the most well known offline poker events from around the world. Plus, the icing on the cake is Pacific Poker’s new loyalty program, Pacific Poker Rewards, where players are rewarded for every hand they play.
Welcome Bonus: Pacific Poker offers first depositors a Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $400. What’s great about it is 25% of that is instant, so no need to hang about before hitting those tables!
First depositor tournaments:
– Seven $500 First Depositors’ Freerolls – totaling $3,500
– $50K First Depositors’ Challenge – free entry for first depositors!
– $1,000 Depositors’ Freeroll
So that’s a share of up to $54,500 that first depositors have the chance of winning – a warm welcome indeed!
– Daily Challenge Series: $145,000 Guaranteed and Player of the Month every week
– Double or Nothing Sit and Gos: half the table wins double their stakes with every hand
– Bad Beat progressive jackpots: lose with Four-of-a-kind 8s or better to win the jackpot
– Royal Flush progressive jackpots: get a Royal Flush to win the jackpot
The Daily Challenge Series offers members some variety to spice up their week, with a different tournament available to play at the same time every day. Tourneys vary from deep stack to turbo to freeze-out and more. There’s also the added incentive of being awarded Challenge Series Player of the Month! The progressive jackpots here are a great idea, adding a new twist to an old favourite.
Offline event qualifiers: Pacific Poker players have regular chances to win their way, often for free, to some pretty big offline poker tourneys such as the Aussie Millions and the World Series of Poker.
Rewards program: Members also get rewarded with every hand they play with Pacific Poker Rewards. Points earned can be exchanged for cash, merchandise or new statuses – a great incentive to play.
Forums: A nice feature of Pacific Poker is the forums, where players can chat about everything poker in a relaxed atmosphere. You’ll find players of all levels in the forums, meaning that there’s always fun to be had and something new to learn.
Software updates: Pacific Poker’s software is constantly being updated with new and useful features. Some recent improvements include:
– Money Transfer: send and receive money to/from friends
– Time bank: more time for bigger decisions
– Downloadable hand history: analyse your playing style and improve!
Pacific Poker seems to have a good solid offering of a generous and rare Welcome Bonus, decent first depositors goodies, some great opportunities to win seats to offline events and a rewarding loyalty program. That’s plenty of reasons in our book to at least check them out!